NOTE: This topic applies to Android Workflows. For iOS Workflows, see this article.
You will need to create two Workflows for Android devices: Return and Check Out.
This Workflow locks down devices when connected. Include the following actions:
- Check In Device — Launches and locks the Imprivata Locker app, sets the status to “Checked In” and clears the Device User attribute.
- Perform MDM Command > Clear Passcode — if you are using Android passcodes in your organization, you will need to clear the passcode via MDM in order to successfully check in devices. For more information, see the article on Clearing Passcodes.
- On Failure — In the unlikely event check-in fails, Imprivata recommends adding an On Failure action to your Workflow to ensure your device is locked and checked in. Under advanced, add an On Failure action. Select Retry this Workflow option only and select the number of attempts you would like, two (2) should be fine.
NOTE: Set Wallpaper is handled automatically by the MDM.
This Workflow will unlock the device after a successful badge tap. When the Workflow is run, the attribute “[Device User]” will have the username of the person checking out the device.
Include the following actions:
- Check Out Device – this action will unlock the Imprivata Locker app, display a green screen with the user’s ID, and set the device status to “Checked Out”. If you have Smart Hub services enabled, it will also rapidly flash the white LED next to the device.
- On Failure — We only consider a checkout complete when the device being checked out is unplugged. In order to account for a device not being removed after a check out was initiated, Imprivata recommends adding an On Failure action to your Workflow to check the device back in.
- Under Advanced, add an On Failure action.
- Select the If still failing, run another workflow option only and select your Return Workflow. This On Failure action will return the device to the checked in state if this final step is not completed after 60 seconds.